Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bridesmaid Survival Kits

As promised, now that the wedding is over I'll be bombarding you with wedding projects that I completed months ago and couldn't post until after it was all over.

One of my favorite gifts for my bridesmaids were survival kits that I made. 


They also came in super handy that day when I (a) cried like a baby, (b) got a little headache by the end of the night, and (c) asked if anyone had any mints handy.  So basically, I probably utilized them more than my bridesmaids.

Here's how I made them (you should make them too!)

I found these great makeup bags on Etsy...you can customize your fabric and rosette colors (and the rosette comes off if you want).  Here's where you can get your own...http://www.etsy.com/shop/allisajacobs?ref=pr_shop_more.



Then I went to Walgreens and found all sorts of great things to put in them.  They weren't super big, so here's what I collected:

  • Kleenex
  • Shout to go wipes
  • Sewing kits (with scissors for my local girls and no scissors for the girls that had to fly home)
  • Burts Bees Chap stick
  • Travel Size Deodorant
  • Altoids Smalls (a nice little mint tin)
  • Emory Board
  • Advil

I would have liked to add more to the kits, but the small makeup bags were pretty full with just these few things.

I also made a little card to go in the kits as well.


Now go!  Make your own!

P.S. Have you liked me on Facebook yet?  Do you want to?  Pretty please!  Check me out here: http://www.facebook.com/JanesGirlDesigns?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment