Monday, August 6, 2012

Sharing the Blog Love!

Hi guys!  Did you have a good weekend?  Are you excited to be back at work? 

I had a great weekend - a super fun bridal shower which I will definitely post about this week!  Let's just say I have the best sisters/maid & matron of honor ever and they threw an amazing party!  I didn't realize how much I just needed that day of relaxing and enjoying myself until after I got home and thought about how much fun I had.  I can't wait to show you all the pictures and tell you all about it.

Coming back to work was about how I expected it to be...stressful, tiring, and not the most fun (but not all that awful either because I've gotten a lot accomplished!).  I'm still gearing up for the orientation program I'm running - it happens next week but I'm finally starting to feel like I'm in good shape and just about ready.

For today's blog post, I just want to share the blog love.  Remember how I told you about the book I bought and started late last week:



It's written by www.thebloggess.com, Jenny Lawson.  She's hilarious.  I stayed up last night and finished the book - literally couldn't put it down.  One of the best books I've read in a while (I'd put it up there with Tina Fey's Bossy Pants, and that's one of my favorite books people).  It was completely filthy in parts, wildly offensive in others, and overall really touching and poignant in a very honest way.  Life isn't perfect and most of us aren't the perfect people we'd once hoped we were.  But, we learn from all the crap that happens to us along the way.  So, I highly recommend it.  It's a New York Time's Bestseller...so I must not be the only one loving it.  I have a feeling I'll share mine with a friend or two, then re-read it once I get it back.

And guess what, I'm not the only one sharing the blog love!  Marissa over at Hadley Lane featured Jane's Girl Designs in a blog post this week!  Say what?!?!  Needless to say I was embarrassingly excited and of course had to post it on facebook.  So go look at her post!!  It's great!


http://hadleyslane.blogspot.com/2012/08/etsy-feature-janes-girl-designs.html

Share the blog love ya'll.  Check them out.

1 comment: