Thursday, August 2, 2012

Alright, alright...

So I know I need to blog...it's been a few days. 
Here's what I've been up to...

(1) Orders on etsy!  I've gotten a pretty steady stream recently so I've been working everyday on filling orders.  I just made an orange classroom birthdays board that came out super cute!  I may need to make the orange board one of the main pics on my etsy shop.

(2) Olympics watching, kind of.  I love the Olympics but Mr. JG does not.  So we compromise.  I watch the sports I really care about (like women's gymnastics and all swimming events) and then he watches Big Brother anytime it's on.  I missed the all-around women's gymnastics (at least the last half of it) but I was ecstatic when we I heard USA got gold.  Good job ladies.  Oh, and P.S. don't go onto CNNs webpage at all today if you want tonight's gymnastics individual all arounds to be a surprise.  Thanks a lot, CNN.

And while I'm on the topic of Olympics, can I just say that I've heard/seen enough of Michael Lochte to think he's kind of a douche.  Sorry, I know douche is not a polite or appropriate word...but there's honestly no better word I can think of to describe him.  I saw a picture of him in a flat billed hat and plastic white sunglasses.  Then I read an article where he said that he only has one night stands because he's such a stud.  And when he wants to get a girl's attention he just winks at her then comes back to her in a while because that's all she's thinking about in the meantime.  Shit. You. Not.  That's what he said.  See, the words douche and shit make sense when describing this crap.  But, I'm sorry you had to read that.  Please read on...it gets less filthy from here on out.

(3) Stress.  Wedding planning stress.  Trying not to stress.  But, still stressing...a little bit, or a lotta bit.

(4) Really busy at work planning the orientation for our new group of students.  I'm really excited to be planning it and also a little nervous because I don't want to screw it up.  Let's just go with excited on this one.

(5) I bought a book, and can't put it down.



So here's how I came upon it.  First I was on a friend's blog and I noticed that she followed a blog called Friend of the Library, which I now follow too.  And that blog recommended this book, stating that the author also has a blog - www.thebloggess.com, which I now also follow as well (because it's super funny and sounds like things I think in my head sometimes too).

So far, this book is hilarious.  It's also super filthy...drops the f bomb in chapter titles.  So, not for the faint of heart, but definitely for someone that appreciates some potty mouthed humor.  It's also a pretty candid look at life and how at times, it can be awful, but that's what makes you who you are, blah blah blah (seriously though, it can be touching).

(6) My bridal shower is this Saturday...yay!  I'm pretty excited about getting to see some friends and family that I haven't seen in a while.  I also think my sisters have planned some games and stuff too...and I love a good bridal shower game.  There's also something nice about going to a bridal shower, and it's your bridal shower.  Pretty crazy!

Alright, well sorry...I know this was a bit of a lame blog post.  No half naked men or craft projects.  I promise I am working on things at home and eventually I will have some pictures ready to share! 

In the meantime, keep it real player.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked "Let's Pretend." Wasn't the Halloween chapter hilarious? I love it!
    Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely going to keep reading on to get more ideas on good reads. I was laughing so hard near the end - the chapter about the stuffed mini alligator riding on the airplane.

      Delete