Monday, January 2, 2012

Well, here goes nothing.

I have a confession, I am a crafter. Not a cute etsy crafter that always has a cute little house full of homemade projects. No, I'm the cluttered craft room full of unfinished projects kind of crafter. I've tried my hand at everything, from making paper to making soap. I have a half-finished dollhouse in my house. I have also started about 50 baby blankets in my lifetime and I think I've maybe finished one. It's becoming a little atrocious.

So, the goal of this blog: not to become recognized, make millions, have my own movie. Let's be honest, whoever heard of a movie about crafting? Which is really an untapped market...I mean I'd be watching that in a heartbeat. But perhaps I'm alone? Clearly, I'm no writer so the last thing I'm expecting is a book deal out of this poorly edited, grammatical error laced blog. This blog is simply a way for me to learn to start, and FINISH my projects. It's probably no shocker that I came up with this idea while watching Julie and Julia and pondering over my new year's resolution. Do I want to get in shape? Hell yes. Is that going to happen this year? Well that would be lovely, but a girl needs some obtainable goals as well. So here it is: 300 projects in 365 days. One year to complete 365 projects. Some may be projects I have already started, but the whole goal here is to finish things, not just start them.

Alright, are you unimpressed yet? 300 projects is nothing, right? Well, if it helps, I'm an attorney with a full-time job and I'm planning my wedding in September. Clearly I'm not as busy as any person with children, but I still manage to lose time for my hobby.

So here goes...300 projects, 365 days. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment